Welcome to the first conspiracy corner minisode! We thought we would break up the podcast length by bringing you our favorite recent conspiracies in minisode form rather than at the end of already really long episodes. Ya dig???
(Also, we apologize for the radio silence! We had a big long episode recorded about Prince & Chemtrails that Clare suspects the NSA stole from her possession. It's kind of a long story. Well. Not really. But that episode is coming soon!)
This week in Conspiracy Corner we cover:
- The Lone Gunmen's Weekend Theme: The September 23, 2017 Apocalypse. Who predicted it? What did they say when it obviously didn't happen?
- Many speculated it would be Nibiru. (Listen to David Bowie & The Apocalypse for more!)
- The end of days message that interrupted TV broadcasts in California.
- Zucc 2020 File: Zucc makes toast like a fucking robot. (This video someone actually edited robot noises into, which is hilarious; I couldn't find the original. @ me if you find it. - Clare)
- Mystery towers pop up in NYC -- WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY???
- The Chicago Mothmen (link 1, link 2).
- Hugh Hefner died & some people think he was an Illuminati sacrifice because of course.
- Famous fake news writer Paul Horner found dead outside Phoenix. *fart sound*
- BoB is crowdfunding flat earth research. Bless this mess.
- Sonic weapon attack that took place in Cuba. Genuinely fucking terrifying.
Check out our extensive show notes for all of the quotes we read, and for links to various videos and articles that we sourced.
Bonus: Here's Clare's Stussy S tattoo.
This show is all in the name of fun & we don't actually believe most of this stuff. But it's still fun to consider, right?
M. "Stormy" Storms is the queen of The Lone Gunmen, a Facebook group where we dive into conspiracy theory in a safe, fun environment. Come join us if you wanna play along! Also check out STORMYMADE, Stormy's very cool artwork. Love it. Buy it. Follow her on Instagram & Facebook for updates on products!
Clare Dickerson has a bunch of podcasts, like IDEK, Trent Talk, Besties, High Crimes and a live comedy & storytelling showcase Hey Whoopie Cat! Something for everyone! Find her on Twitter if you want to.